Wednesday 13 October 2010

The playlist!

Another blog post?

“No thank you!”, I hear you scream, but alas, it is so. I created that playlist I spoke of, and I’ll link you to it somehow towards the end of the blog, by which time I hope to have worked out how to do it.

The play list is, as I’ve said, upbeat. I wanted to put things together that put a smile on my face when I listen to them, or at the very least they make my feet tap. The playlist is on spotify, which I highly recommend you get, it allows you to listen to any music, any time, for free. There are adverts with the free version, but honestly it doesn’t bother me one bit. I also have one published with a more chilled vibe, which you are free to check out (and subscribe to!).

I’ve been trying to think of something to write about, but honestly I think my life has gotten pretty monotonous recently. All I seem to do is work, there’s so much to do right now, but by the end of the month it’ll all quieten down because I’ll finish my Open University and (hopefully) send off my UCAS, not to mention my maths coursework and all the various chapter tests that need to be done in the next couple of days. So, there is light ahead, but in a way, I secretly enjoy the rush I get when I’ve got a lot to do in a short space of time, and I love the feeling of when I solve some form of puzzle. So I’ll miss the adrenaline, but then it’ll give me more time to play guitar, which I love. When I just close my eyes and play (and sing, which may explain any adverse weather conditions), I feel like my guitar and I are the only things that exist in the whole world, I feel free.

A few months ago I read this:

There once was a King who lived in a two-storey grass house, and every year for his birthday he’d have a new throne made, and he’d put the old one upstairs. One year, his house collapsed under the weight.

The moral of this story? People who live in grass houses shouldn’t stow thrones.

Okay, finally, the play list - http://open.spotify.com/user/rosiebeeston/playlist/71uF2Z3Zo4GoPLRtpj9myY

2 comments: